Historical Committee

Launceston General Hospital

LGH Historical Committee

The first Launceston General Hospital was established in 1863 on a site at Mulgrave Square in Launceston.  It has since grown into Tasmania's second largest hospital and is the major referral centre for the north of the State.

The aim of the LGH Historical Committee is to report and record important events which occur in the life of the hospital and preserve historical records. The committee was established in the 1988 and continues to meet regularly while also organising seminars and events with an historical flavour.  Its members are:

Following the death of Dr John Morris ( Chairman) of LGH Historical Committee a new Chairperson has been elected.

Committee PositionMembers
Chairperson Mrs Deanna Ellis
Secretary / Treasurer Mr P.A.C. Richards (Hon) AM
Members Dr J. Paull (Hon), 
Mr P. Keefe (Hon), 
Mrs K .Carson ( Library), 
Mr B. Duncan (Hon), 
Dr Dan Huon (Hon), 
Dr Tom Dunning (Hon), 
Annabell Williams, 
Mrs Barbara Valentine (Hon) OAM, 
Miss Jenny Gill (Hon), 
Mr Tim Haas (Hon), 
Dr Frank Madill AM.

Ex Officio:
Ms Lou Partridge, 
Ms Louise James

Contact

The committee can be contacted:

Historical Committee
Launceston General Hospital
C/- CEO's Office, Level 3
Charles Street
Launceston Tasmania 7250
Phone: 03 6777 6777
Email: pacrichards1@bigpond.com

Latest News